Monday, July 24, 2006

Writer's Block

And now I shall be productive. Productive, productive. Pro-duck. Yes, I'm going to be inspired...now. Because genius is bubbling just beneath the surface. I shall sit with my legs crossed, wearing glasses as an accessory, tapping my pen against my cheek. Then I shall run my fingers through my hair. I have a zit on my head. An under-hair zit. Under where? Underwear. Underoos. Thunder shoes, blunder snooze...
Right. Working hard. Because I have a solid work ethic, and I am not going to be lazy and let my brain meander meander salamander. This is functional, it serves a purpose, and I'm going to go to bed on time. A well-rested brain is a high-functioning brain. High function. High funk. Funkaaaaay.
Filler, filler, something transitional.
And I round third base an head to the final paragraph, hair giraffe. Bringing things full circle, a summation of points. "Point." The tippy-top, the summit, the zenith. The result of all my hard, ethic-induced work. Solid beginning. Substantive body.
Clever, witty ending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i see you've read the manual! now throw it away...shelley