Monday, April 16, 2007

The Difference Between Moms and Dads

As you can see in the previous post, my Mom's response was, "You did what!?" (She has since forgiven me.)

My Dad's response, on the other hand, was, "Here's the proper technique for jumping from a slow-moving train, for future reference." (I think he would want me to mention that he did have a brief stint working on the railroad last year, so he would actually know.) Disappointingly, it does not involve leaping head-first and landing with a somersault. Nor does it involve landing on the back of a horse that's running at the same speed of the train, with a sack of money over your shoulder. No ladders dangling from helicopters, either. No wonder he quit the railroad. They don't have any real fun.

1 comment:

Holly said...

It now occurs to me that some of you may want to know the actual technique for stepping from a slow-moving train: Because your body will be moving, you should land first on the foot farthest from the front of the train, so the front foot can steady you as you keep moving and land on it second.