Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Or not.

The problem with being a grown-up is there's no where to take a nap.

We have an indoor plaza with an opaque glass ceiling and lots of tables and chairs where people from work eat lunch and hang out. I was down there just now, writing, and got sleepy. So I put my head down on my folded arms, on the table. I was quite enjoying myself when a guy wearing a suit and carrying a walkie-talkie rapped on the table to make sure I was OK. Naturally, I was composed, and was able to reassure him.

Or not. Perhaps I was a bit startled, had hair in my face and the print of my sweater on my forehead (no drool, though -- high five, Me!), and was only able to convince him I was fine because he really didn't feel like hanging around, anyway.

Either way, it was quite a nice way to spend a lunch hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely prefer countries like Spain and China where an afternoon nap is basically mandatory.

Obviously, as a Chinese woman, it's unnatural for you to get through the day without this siesta!

(Or, as they call it in China, xiuxi.)
: )