Thursday, December 03, 2009

Pink and Snow and Christmas and Happy

It got up to 69 degrees in Boston today. Plenty of people were delighted. I don't mind being comfortable outside, honest I don't, but weather like this weirds me the heck out. It's December! In Boston! I moved up here because I wanted snow for Christmas without all the worrying -- and believe you me, I do worry when I don't think the temperature leading up to the big day is falling fast enough. I'm like a little kid. Or great big baby. Want snow! Want snow now!

I know I talk about this every year. But I feel the need to vent because Facebook is full of people who are rejoicing over the warm weather. I don't want to hate all over their updates, but I gotta let this out somewhere. So the blog it is.

My blog is pink and pink is the color of candy and candy comes from the North Pole and so does Santa and Santa is Christmassy and the North Pole is snowy and I like Christmas snowy and I like my blog because it's pink and Christmassy and snowy even though it's pink and snow isn't pink.

Unless the Cat in the Hat gets
pink cat-ring all over it.

But that is neither here nor there.

It isn't even anywhere.
It's not in a house,
It's not with a mouse,
It's not on the stair,
It's not in a chair.
It's not in the sky, where snowflakes should fly.
It's not on the ground, where snow drifts should mound.

I do not like green deciduous trees in December.
I do not like them.
Holly I am.

No comments: