Friday, April 03, 2009

Countdown

I fly for London tonight. Yippee! My sister-in-law would be proud that I'm wearing clothes that look good, even though they're not as warm as plenty of other things I own. Several other impractical outfits are in my suitcase, which is ready to do damage to my roommate's back as he lifts it into the trunk of his Honda Civic.

Last night, after packing, I prepared for a week of serious flirting by painting my toenails bright blue. In the past, I would have considered that frivolous. No more! It's an investment. Even if it's chilly and rainy, I'll know my toes are shining brightly beneath my boots.

My travelling companion, Helen, says she's also up for flirting. Excellent. Always helpful to be on the same page for such things.

1 comment:

Anya said...

So excited for you!!