Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Acting, Less Drama

Shit been goin' down.

As one might expect when sharing a planet with other sentient creatures, there is occassionally tension. And sometimes outright conflict. And sometimes high drama that makes living as a hermit in a cave for the rest of my earthly existence look like an extremely attractive idea.

I'm trying to navigate it all as best I can, because lessons unlearned are repeated, and no more fun the second/third/fifty-seventh go 'round. But as frustrated and angry as I get with other people, I'm more frustrated and angry at myself for not being better at dealing with the confusing mess. And it's not encouraging to think that even if I weren't messed up and were perfect in every way (which, alas, I'm not -- I know, shocker!), everyone else would still be messed up and it would still be hard.

Hard is hard. Why can't all difficult situations be condensed into a movie montage with a rockin' soundtrack, so I could feel awesome?

And why can't I have more upper-body strength so that throwing and punching things would be worthwhile?

1 comment:

Anya said...

Hang in there Holly! And give me aaaaalll the dirt, soon!