Friday, March 26, 2010

The Vatican's Chief Butt-Kicker

I'm not Catholic, but in a comment on another blog I read, someone referenced articles about Gabriele Amorth, for years the Vatican's head exorcist. Some fun facts:

The Exorcist is his favorite movie.
He shares some theology with Verbal from The Usual Suspects ("The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist").

Some links to interviews:

http://www.vaticans.org/index.php?/archives/61-An-interview-with-the-Vaticans-chief-excorcist,-Father-Gabriele.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/religion/1260364/posts

Mostly, I just love that this guy sticks it to the Devil on a daily basis.

1 comment:

C-Ray said...

Ha! The Vatican has an exorcist! Who knew?! I am amused by said fact and your writing of it.

Also, your nephew sounds reaaalll cute. The fastest way for my family to get me home is to stick one of my nieces on the phone to tell me they miss me. Its so damn cute and tragic I can't handle it. (my nephew is generally too busy destroying things to have these conversations...I hope you're luckier)