Thursday, June 02, 2011

This Is Why I Can't Have Nice Things

Because they throw other things into stark relief.

How's that for glass-half-empty thinking?

I enjoyed shooting this web series. I want to do more things like this. But when I got home in the evenings, I was bored. I'm almost never bored at home, because I like sitting around the house and watching TV. But it wasn't enough after doing something that was both challenging and satisfying, even if I felt like I could have done better. TV wasn't hacking it after that.

And neither is work. I mean, it's not bad. I've certainly had worse. But Tuesday was rough. I spent a weekend acting and then hanging with friends, and then I had to come to a job that made me think about logistics and solve problems and understand boring stuff? Blergh.

Also, two of my friends got engaged (to each other) on Monday night. That's great, in a non-sarcastic way. I don't necessarily have trouble being happy for other people. It's just that watching things happen in other people's lives makes mine look even slower in comparison, like being passed on the highway.

So, things are as fine as they were two weeks ago. But when a fun thing comes my way, it's like getting a bite of food and realizing how hungry I am.

Now my tummy's all growly.

No comments: