Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hey There, Delilah

One of my new roommates has pets. There's Jake the dog, who's a big sweetie. And there's Delilah the cat. As many of you know, I lean more in the dog direction, but I have to say that Delilah is actually pretty cool. In fact, if I were to describe her in two words, they would be:

1. Freaking
2. Hilarious

You might say, "So she's funny, but looks aren't everything" (ba-dum ching!). To which I would reply: Yes, they are, and they are exactly what makes Delilah so funny. She has this flat face and squinty eyes and crazy fur. And no spine. She can lie on her back and roll up to lick any part of herself, and will let her legs point in any direction they want to to get the job done. I've never seen a cat do this. It doesn't exactly make her a role model for young ladies, but I find it highly entertaining.

I haven't quite figured out what kind of person I think she'd be like. So far the best I've come up with is Trailer Park Mama. Pretty laid back in the looks department -- curlers in her hair, great big pink mumu (moo-moo? how do you spell it? you know, those things that look like nightgowns) -- but perfectly friendly, happy to invite you in and share her beer.

My roommate is even writing a children's book about Delilah. I'll let you know when that comes to fruition. In the meantime, I'll leave you to ponder Delilah's self-grooming regimen. You know you were.

No comments: