Monday, September 22, 2008

Holding Out for a Hero

Today I wore a hat!

In other news...
I had never watched the TV show "Heroes." But my roommates have it on DVD, and I've been watching Season 1 all week. It's a lot of fun! I think I'd be driven insane if I had to watch it on regular TV, though, and wasn't able to rewind bits of dialogue I didn't catch. Or if I had to wait a week between episodes. Torture!

One of the girls in my improv class jokes about writing a comic book about a hero called Sarcasmo. I think most of us in that class can relate to that power -- and to being misunderstood and reviled because of it.

If I could have a super power, I wonder what I'd want it to be. I haven't seen Season 2 yet, so maybe someone can answer this for me: Do they have anyone with the power to command animals yet? That could be fun in a Dr. Doolittle/Tarzan kind of way. I'd probably be more like George of the Jungle, crashing into trees. Leopard skin could be nifty, although maybe it's a little bit jungle hooker. Gotta keep the jewelry understated with that ensemble. I think I'd like to ride on an elephant. Hey, maybe my parents' dog would finally come when I call her. She can be a stinker.

Perhaps I would also train a monkey to do my job.

No comments: