Monday, September 15, 2008

Links!

Check it out, dudes. I finally figured out how to get links to other blogs in my sidebar. Only took me two years! I also just set up a Sitemeter thingy, since I can't get to sleep. Now I'll know how few of you are reading this.

Hey, I found those corduroy pants! I've been trying to find some for a year or two. Such shopping craziness. I'm so rarely in the mood to go, so I figure I'll ride the wave. And I got another hat! The world is not going to be able to handle all my cuteness. I'm like a kitten hugging a rainbow.

Level 2 improv classes start tomorrow. It's been a month since Level 1 ended, and I was going into withdrawal. Though a few classmates and I did tide ourselves over a bit by taking our act onto the subway. I haven't told you about that yet! Have you heard of a group called Improv Everywhere? They're in New York, and now I think they have a branch in LA. What we did is like a beginner version of that. We just went onto the T (that's what we call the subway here in Bean Town) and started improvising -- odd conversations, dancing, whatever came to us. It almost scares me that it didn't scare me more. I've always wanted to be the kind of person who wasn't afraid to do this kind of thing.

It's one o'clock in the morning, and I'm wide awake. Maybe I'm excited -- new clothes and the prospect of improv class can make a girl positively jittery.

I read that if you can't sleep, it can be counter-productive to just lie there trying not to be awake. The article said it's OK to get up and do stuff, or you may just end up putting too much pressure on yourself, and that makes it even harder to fall asleep. Plus, you end up associating going to bed with striving and failure, which are not conducive to rest. Hence the late-night blogging. Oh, and did I mention I might be a bit excited? Sleeplessness is often how I can tell I'm pumped. Over the last 3 1/2 months especially, I've been quite jazzed about what God is doing, and all the things I feel free to hope for. I'm beginning to think that paying attention to pipe dreams may not be a distraction; it may be faith.

No comments: