Sunday, November 02, 2008

I Razed Myself

If I got a concussion, would it be noticeable?

I'm having my doubts.

I did the Viking thing for the party. Helmet, tunic, boots. I was showing off for my friends, and whipped out the final accessory: A mallet which, for some reason, had come in my tool kit instead of a regular hammer. In my enthusiasm, I accidentally conked myself in the head with it. (Hey, what if life were a cartoon and my helmet had rung like a bell? That would have been cool.)

As the laughter subsided, my friend Sean had me reenact The Conking for the camera, saying it was a "classic Holly moment." I was happy to oblige, but later I thought about his words and wondered, Do the people who know me think this kind of ditzy spazz-out is typical of me?

Well, duh. Of course they do.

If you had called my family to tell them I'd hammered my own head, my dad would have said, "Who let her play with a hammer?" Then they'd all have exchanged looks, silently agreeing that Holly can no longer be trusted with hardware.

And they'd be right.

3 comments:

Marquioni said...

Holly!! Please comment on Obama´s victory!! The world wants to know your perspective!!

Anonymous said...

Good Golly Miss Holly, If Sean required more than one take to get the shot, you may want to stop referring to him as a friend. :)

Holly said...

Like one of those brotherly torture sessions where he takes your hand and hits you with it, saying, "Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?" Except I really would have been hitting myself.