Wednesday, July 29, 2009

300th Post

It's 2:30 am. Who's wide awake? I am. What's keeping me awake? The improv performance tonight, and everything I could have done or could have said. The way that I have trouble differentiating between when I'm improvising and when I'm having a conversation, and am not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing or just a normal thing. The fact that I have to get up and go to work tomorrow in an office where they expect you to be conscious, the knowledge of which doesn't make sleeping at night or being awake during the day any easier.

Dang. Dang da-dang dang dang. Dang diddy dang da-dang da-dang diddy diddy.

Someday, when they're writing my many scandalous, unauthorized biographies, they'll romanticize nights like this. My genius, my agony and my ecstasy, my endless (and imaginary) succession of torrid and tragic love affairs. But the reality is that I have Cheez Balls stuck to my teeth, and if I ever do fall asleep there will be a lot of orange drool involved.

2 comments:

Chris said...

And you kept saying how you really needed to leave because you had to get up for work and that you would be too tired if you stayed out later and blah blah blah....when you just wanted to hurry home so you could blog...I see how it is!

Holly said...

My intentions were honorable...