Sunday, October 25, 2009

Get While the Gettin's Good

I quit!

This is a good thing.

I almost never quit things. I see my commitments through to the end. The bitter end. This often means sticking with things much longer than I should, just to make sure they're extra dead, and there's absolutely no joy left to be found in them.

I'd like to avoid doing that with improv. So rather than ride out this term of performing teams for another two months like I'd originally planned, I emailed my coach today to tell her that I'd like Tuesday to be my last show. Now I just need to hear back from her.

I don't know if I'll stay away from improv forever. But it's not fun anymore, and I want to have positive associations with it, so I think it's best to leave before I run it completely into the ground. My prayer now is that Tuesday will go well, like the grad show did, and I can go out with a bang.

No comments: