Thursday, January 24, 2008

Carrying a Tiki Torch

On Sunday, I caught a bit of the Charlie Rose program. He was interviewing Tiki Barber about the NFL playoffs. I'd heard the name Tiki Barber before, but didn't really know who the man was or what he did. I gleaned from the conversation, though -- this is how smart I am -- that he played for the NY Giants and, upon his recent retirement, was picked up by one of the major TV networks as a commentator or correspondent of some kind.

I don't generally follow sports, but everything Tiki said was interesting to me. He was so intelligent, thoughtful, and articulate, and he talked about football in terms that someone like me could appreciate and understand.

And he was pretty.

I imagine a catch like that already has a wife, so allow me to issue the following statement: Mrs. Barber, I'm not after your man. I hope you won't mind too much, though, if I respectfully admire him from afar. He seems like a swell fella. And he got me to like football, for Pete's sake. The man could be canonized for performing a verifiable miracle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Darnit! We should have had you watch him before you came over to watch the game Sunday! :-P