Friday, August 14, 2009

Shakespeare Can't Be All That Hard, Can It?

Boston has free Shakespeare performances every summer. I've gone for the last few years, and each time I come away wanting to do that. The acting, I mean. Of course, I haven't been in a play since junior high, but that doesn't mean I'm not brilliantly and naturally talented, right?



This week I'm taking in theatrical spectacles two nights in a row. Last night it was The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged), an tonight it's A Comedy of Errors. I'm such a sucker for this stuff. I can't claim to have read many of Bill's works, but I usually enjoy seeing a production. And I'm a sucker for that one Hamlet speech they do. Man pleaseth not me either, Hamlet. Though he comes awfully close when he's charming and funny.

No comments: