Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's the Kneecap

In an improv warmup on Saturday, I was trying to come up with a body part that started with P. It took me several awkward seconds to think of patella. Last night, during another warm-up, someone tossed out the word penis. Oh, duh! How was that not obvious to me on Saturday? The only excuse I can think of is that I don't have one.

Although I think patella is probably funnier, I find it odd that the obvious P-word completely passed me by. This may be my first notable experience with comedic penis envy.

6 comments:

Anya said...

Umm, pancreas, helloooooo?

Holly said...

Boy, as if I didn't have egg on my face before...

Chris said...

While penis would have been the immediate and most obvious answer for most I love that you had to think for a bit and came up with patella! Also pinky finger and prostate came to mid right after I thought of penis! Can't wait to see what's in store for Tuesday night!

Helen said...

pupil, pituitary gland, palm, pelvis, phalanges, prostrate?

So many choices! But still I am shocked that you could not come up with PENIS.

Really Holly come on! You may not have one but you live with 4!

Holly said...

I love that you guys came up with suggestions! Be prepared to shout some on Monday night. (Chris, the grad show is Monday instead of the usual Tues show -- I don't want to miss seeing you there!)

Chris said...

I'm so glad you said that because I would have showed up Tuesday! I'm setting a reminder for myself, lol! There's a chance I'll forget by morning! Thank you! I'll come up with another word besides leash! : )