Monday, November 16, 2009

Priorities

On Friday, I did something I almost never do: lost track of time. At the end of the workday, too! I looked at the clock on my computer and it was only 4 minutes till the shuttle left from work to the T station that gets me closest to home. I scrambled to pack up my things, dress for outdoors, and began running down the hall. Then screeeeeeeeech! I realized that, in my now-locked desk drawer, was a giant cookie. I had to go back.

I didn't think I could go back, find the key in my purse, lock everything again, and make the shuttle. So I went back and took my time, took a different shuttle to a different station, and probably added 20 minutes to my commute. 20 minutes out of my evening wasn't such a high price to pay for a giant cookie, when you consider that my big plan for the evening was to eat the cookie.

It was a GIANT cookie.

4 comments:

Anya said...

I'm picturing this as an old-school Warner Bros cartoon...

Ben said...

People always say, "stop and smell the roses," but roses are boring. "Stop and get the giant cookie" should be the modern equivalent, I think!

Helen said...

was it not stale though?

Holly said...

It WAS stale! GIANT disappointment.