Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Notes I Pretended to Take in the Meeting I Just Snuck out Of

Uh-oh. This meeting might be for [another department]. Was I invited by mistake? Should I not be here? Any way out now...?

Why do I choose to attend these optional things? I know why. 1) I'm not sure they're optional when I responsd. 2) I want to get away from my desk. 3) Hope of snacks.

I so should not be here. Maybe I can get out at the half hour. Lord, please help with that.

Funny, I instinctively tune out as soon as the speaker starts talking. Please bring better work my way, Lord.

Wow, this is meaningless to me. Hilariously meaningless. Am entertaining myself by noticing the culture in this room, and the boomy quality of this guy's voice. It almost hurts my ears.

I don't know who these people are.

The things they're discussing creep me out. Always clawing forward. "Learning paths" and "learning units?" Five more min. and I'll make a break for it. This makes me glad I'm not even a student!

Get boots repaired. Cut nails.

No comments: