Monday, September 11, 2006

If It Won't Shut Up, You May as Well Give It a Microphone

A friend asked me today how I like documenting my life in a blog. The answer is, I'm loving it. And a couple hours later, as I was waiting for the train to take me home, I realized why: I have a narrative constantly running through my head -- commenting on things, analyzing, making cute quips and sarcastic remarks, summing things up and breaking them down. I've thought many times in the past that I'd like to get these thoughts out of my head and into the world, but they run by so fast and then they're gone, and it's hard to capture them when I finally sit down with a piece of paper. I think this blog, though, gives me that opportunity. If I think a similar series of thoughts over and over, then I can remember it and put it on the blog. The stories I tell my family and friends about stuff the happens to me often fall into a pattern and crystalize enough for me to write them down in a concise and entertaining (I hope) manner. So what you guys are getting are the ramblings of my brain, happy to have their freedom, running around on this blog like naughty Munchkins on a sugar high.

Welcome to Munchkin Land.

No comments: