Monday, January 22, 2007

Deep Thoughts

This weekend I had a phone call with my father and brother. Most of the conversation revolved around my brother's upcoming decision about whom to fly for when he leaves the Navy. There was talk of money, retirement plans, vacation time, saving for the future -- lots of impressive grown-up stuff. My three major contributions to this exchange, however, somehow managed to cover the following subjects:
1. Sea monkeys
2. Galoshes
3. The song Disco Duck
The men didn't seem to lose respect for me, but that was probably because they weren't surprised.

1 comment:

Elliott said...

Holly. Came across your blog when searching under smoldering wick. I am writing a book under that title. Then I discover you are in publishing. I am a 30 year old Christian from England. Would be good to get in touch. My name is Adam and my email is apiuma@yahoo.co.uk
My blog is deadwasps.blogspot.com