Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Huger Dork

This weekend, I went to New Jersey with two of my roommates to make new friends and play a game called Descent. I'd never encountered it before, but Helen and her friends have been into it for a while. It's one of those long, elaborate, story-based games that involves magicians and trolls and dragons and stuff. I can be afraid to try new things, but I'm working on being open and spontaneous and brave. So I decided to join in. And if one is going to be early-stage brave, it may as well be with fake dragons that one can slay from the comfort of a dining room table.

I quite enjoyed it. Of course, this makes me an even bigger dork when you add it to the karaoke and the trombone and the National Sarcasm Society sweatshirt ("Like we need your support!"). So I think it's time to not care. I is what I is. And I is into the idea of vanquishing a Chaos Beast with the hellhound I killed and then reanimated with my power of necromancy.

No comments: