Monday, June 21, 2010

Master Thespian

I had my first acting class Friday. It's very small -- only four students were there, all women. There's a chance of a fifth student -- a 25% increase in population! -- but we'd still be small. Fine with me. That means more attention and chances to try things and try them again, and that's perhaps what I need more than anything: experience.

The other women have done more theater in the past than I have, which is my solace as I consider how well they did, compared to my beginner performance. I committed one of the acting sins which I most abhor in others: I didn't enunciate enough to be clear! In an effort to be authentic instead of stagey, my words didn't come across. Noooooooo!

But it was only my first class, so it was unrealistic of me to think I'd be on par with Ian McKellan. And I'm there to learn, not to be perfect, as much as my pride wishes I were, and as close as I may be in every other area ;-).

3 comments:

Anya said...

Megacool!

Bro said...

I still screw up flying. Does that make you feel better?

Mom said...

It doesn't make ME feel any better!