Monday, December 11, 2006

New Jammies!

I got a new set of PJs that makes me look like a Teletubby. This started me thinking about what my name would be if I were a Teletubby. [I had time to think about this because I had a long bus ride home to Boston, and I wasn't using the time to talk on my cell phone because we were supposed to be considerate of our fellow passengers and not make calls except for an emergency, except for the guy in front of me, who didn't hear that announcement because he was busy talking on his cell phone, which encouraged the guy behind me to make a call, followed by the girl across the aisle, so that I was surrounded.] Here are the names of the original four: Dipsy, LaLa, Tinky Winky, and Po. I started with my own name (Holly, for those of you who haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention), and made a couple of adjustments. I got it down to two options. I think you'll see why I eventually settled on one over the other.

Chosen: HaHa

Rejected: Ho

I don't know what my Favorite Thing should be. Each Teletubby had a Favorite Thing -- a ball, a handbag... I think there was a scooter... what was the fourth thing? My brother would probably know. During his undergrad years, he had quite an appreciation for that show. This fact alone may have removed any doubts my parents had as to whether he did any underage drinking.

Anyway, this winter HaHa the Green Teletubby will be warm and snug in her new jammies and her --oh! here's a Favorite Thing! -- flannel sheets.

No comments: