Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thin Blood and True Believers

I'm anemic
This I know
For the doctor
Told me so.

I know some of you will be relieved to find out I have a physical flaw, albeit a temporary one, because frankly I was flirting dangerously with perfection there for a while. It is only temporary, though -- a couple months of iron pills and I'm back in the game, baby. I was told this could be part of the reason why I'm always cold, too. Is this why they say that people who can't handle cold climates have "thin blood?" Is it literal?

I'm a little disappointed that my coldness issue may be so easily fixed. I was looking forward to burying myself under sweaters and blankets this year. Such items made up 75% of my Christmas list. I'll just have to keep the thermostat at 55 degrees from now on. Brace yourselves, roommies.

Screeeeech! Change of direction, turning off of Anemia Ave. and onto Blind Boys Blvd.

Now that we're into the Christmas season, I can listen to festive CDs I got as gifts last year. I finally got a good earful of Go Tell It on the Mountain, the Christmas album by The Blind Boys of Alabama, and apart from the impressiveness of their arrangements and the skill of their guest artists, one thought came back to me over and over: These guys know Jesus. They know. I haven't heard anything about their beliefs, and as of this writing I haven't done any research. But they have the sound of men who know.

No comments: