Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Am a Commenter!

A few months ago, I began reading my pastor's blog, and I took a leap of courage and left some comments on it. There are some posts that don't interest me at all, and others that I feel so strongly about that I get quite caught up in it, and I find myself checking the blog every fifteen minutes to see if other people have read my comment and what responses they have.

I get scared, too. I care what people think, and I've had some pretty harrowing experiences with being misjudged (outside that particular blog), so I've always got my eye out for that. But I'm learning, over and over again, that putting my feelings and opinions out there is a brave and vulnerable thing, and I don't have to apologize for having genuine reactions. I'd grown so used to valuing my intellectual detachment, wanting to be unassailable in my arguments, but lately my heart has begun leaping ahead of my brain and I say things that are entirely assailable, but that I also feel deeply.

Well, good. I'm not objective, and that is progress.

No comments: