Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sports for Comedians

I've got the Super Bowl on, and it has me feeling wistful for the best Super Bowl party I've ever attended. It was last year, and it was hosted by this guy who created an online group for stand-up comedians in Boston. I'm not a stand-up, but I joined, and the party was perfect for me -- full of people who weren't all that into the game itself, but appreciated the cultural experience and focused during the commercials, making lots and lots and lots of hilarious comments throughout the whole thing. And the pomtini, perhaps the single strongest drink I've ever had, which didn't hurt the fun none. If I remember correctly, the only piece of sport knowledge I came away with was, "The Cardinals are basically douchebags."

Sigh. Missing you, Comedians' Party.

No comments: