Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wakefulness Fail

It's not like I set the bar all that high.

Today's goal at work: Remain awake while other people are watching.

Nope. Couldn't even do that. Kept nodding during a 2 1/2 hour training meeting, which was pure theory to me -- I'd never worked on the kinds of projects they were talking about, so while I understood the words, their combined meaning bounced off my head like bullets off Superman's chest. I was impervious.

Ugh. Whatever they pump through the vents in those conference rooms, I sure could use some of it near my bed around 11pm on weeknights. I'm almost never sleepy then.

1 comment:

Anya said...

I routinely used to fall asleep in meetings when I worked at Houghton Mifflin. I just couldn't help it. It was so embarrassing! Combo of boring content and lack of oxygen in meeting rooms...