Thursday, April 17, 2008

All That and a Bag of Chips

There's a cabinet at work on which people place free food. It's a happy place. I left work around 5:40 today, and happened to walk by the cabinet. There were three little bags of chips, and most of the workforce had left already. Ha!

Ben the Serial Killer was standing there, reading. "Do you think it would be bad for me to take two bags?" I asked.

"As long as you don't take both of the barbecue ones," he replied, while taking one himself.

"So as long as my selfishness and your selfishness don't conflict, we're fine."

"You know, that's one theory about the foundation of morality. It's called Enlightened Self-Interest."

"I don't know how enlightened it was of me to take two bags of chips..."

"...but it was definitely self-serving..."

"...so I'm halfway there!"

I served myself well, too. Those chips and a bottle of chocolate milk were my dinner.

No comments: