Thursday, April 10, 2008

Inner Space

I read something last week about how skinny people could be obese without knowing it. It has to do with percentage of body fat. I guess that makes sense -- if you weigh 125 pounds, and have no muscle to speak of and teeny-weeny bones, then you could have 40% body fat and be dangerously unhealthy. And you wouldn't know, because it's all on the inside somewhere.

Obviously, I don't have all the facts on this. And I read it on the Internet, a blurb which was in turn taken from a morning news program, which probably had precious few facts in it anyway. So don't go panicking because of what you read here. Unless you struggle with weight, and you're relishing the idea that those obnoxiously skinny people around you could be fat and not know it. If that's you, go ahead and enjoy this.

This all made me wonder if I'm unhealthy. What if I have secret Inner Body Fat? Around my heart, between my ears, in my toes -- it could be anywhere! There's some test where they send sound waves or something through you, and see where they find resistance. I don't have access to that. You'll just have to drop me in a pool and see if I float. Like a duck, or very small rocks. Or fry me up and see how much I sizzle. Cuz I'm hot, baby ;-).

No comments: