Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Night of Debauchery

Misten and I went out again on Friday. A run-down:

-- Got dolled up in cute '40s-style dress.
-- Went to pricey but super-yummy Italian restaurant.
-- Ordered way too much super-yummy food, and ended up with massive bag of leftovers for super-yummy lunches throughout the week. Not used to spending so much money on myself.
-- Stayed till restaurant closed at 11:30.
-- Went to bar down the street.
-- Was confused that the stamp on my hand didn't show up.
-- Was introduced to the wonder that is the black light, under which stamp miraculously appeared while others laughed "with" me.
-- Settled in with my drink, when Misten asked me, "Holly, do you notice anything about everybody here?" I looked up for the first time. "All the men appear to be together," I said. "Yeah," she said, laughing. The place had been my idea. I'd managed to take her to a gay bar.
-- Upon realizing that no man in the room would be interested in me, I began slouching comfortably.
-- Was devastated to notice I'd left my bag of glorious leftovers at the now-closed restaurant. Four days later, I'm still mourning this loss.
-- Stayed at gay bar till after 1am. The subway stops running at 1. Oopsy. Misten is unruffled.
-- Misten is stopped twice by men with cameras who want their picture taken with her because she is "beautiful beyond belief." Yay, Misten!
-- Misten has brainstorm and suggests we stay in a hotel instead of taking cabs home. Spend more money on said room. It's pretty swanky, though.
-- Stay up till 3 or 4am talking. In spite of good conversation, my eyes are crossing from alcohol and exhaustion.
-- Woke up. Drank some water and threw it up. Guess I should have hydrated a bit more the night before. Lesson learned.

So, there you go. Had so much fun I didn't go home. Spent more in one night than I usually spend on fun in a week, or even a month. Did something spontaneous. Threw up.

I'm learning, friends. I'm learning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's important to have a night like that once in a blue moon. (I've been told a blue moon occurs once every two-and-a-half years, if you're trying to be precise about these things.)

Really enjoying your blogging, Holly!

Holly said...

Anya, so glad you're reading! I'm always encouraged when someone is foolish enough to pop their head up and admit they visit my blog ;-).

Ben said...

I know! I'm far too ashamed ever to admit publicly that I read your blog all the time, Holly.

Oh.

Oops.

Anonymous said...

Dear Writer consider your audience...So you went to dinner with a beautiful young woman 'friend,' stopped at a bar, had a couple of drinks, then accepted HER suggestion to get a hotel room. Checked in and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning. A story like this no doubt earned you Derek Jeter like status among hoards of young male readers. Only to have some of them realize that the person they want to be like is a woman, making them momentarily wonder; Does this mean I want to be a woman? It would be a shame, and a bit ironic, if your voyage past neurosis transferred the condition onto unsuspecting youth. :)

Holly said...

Hadn't thought of that. Perhaps I assumed the overwhelming pinkness of the blog template would tip people off ;-).
Sorry to disappoint you, fellas.