Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grand Day Out

Today was our company's "Day Out," basically a picnic. And we got real sun for the first time in a while, so that was great! I participated in the goofy team games because the winning team wins a free day off. I'd play full-contact football for a free day off. OK, maybe not, but I'd definitely do that game where you have to place your head on an upright baseball bat, run around said bat 6 times, and then try to run back to your teammates.

Well, my team (The Soggybottoms) didn't win the day off, and my smack-talking coworker's team did (he promised to think of me while he was on the beach with his tequila). But I did come away with a little sumthin' sumthin' to remember my day away from my desk. I got a teal bandana, several grass stains (wiped out after that bat spin), and a possible sunburn (we'll see tomorrow morning).

It's been a while since I was a kid, but if I remember correctly, that makes it a good day.

No comments: