Sunday, October 19, 2008

Like a Haggis Burrito

I have this great wool poncho from my mom's closet. It's red-and-green plaid, and I look forward to the three days in Autumn when the weather is just right for me to wear it. A plaid poncho may seem like an odd, Scottish-Mexican combo, but it works somehow. And there's something hip about taking an article of clothing from the '70s and making it work.

I have this great moss-colored hat I've been wearing with it. I mention my hats a lot because one of my goals for when I had spending money was to buy and wear hats. Now I have spending money and I'm buying and wearing hats, and each time I do it it's a teeny dream come true.

Buy hats, be a movie star, win a Pulitzer like Dave Barry. My aspirations are modest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this but nothing about a red-and-green plaid poncho is even remotely stylish nor would it have ever been remotely stylish. And the moss green hat isn't doing much for me either. You seem nice enough, what's with the bad fashion choices. Maybe a friend could nominate you for What Not To Wear on TLC!

Holly said...

You should see my onesie.

Ben said...

Hey anonymous, I can vouch for Holly's genuine stylishness. Well, perhaps not when she's wearing her onesie. ;) But the REST of the time, she looks mighty sharp.

Who knows? You might be buying plaid ponchos in a few months, now that she's kicked off the trend...

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly.....I think I'd have to agree more with anonymous. Over the years your style has improved but I'm not feeling the plaid poncho or moss hat. Sorry hun!

No not the onesie.....anything but the onesie! Lol! ; )

Anonymous said...

Hey Hol

I will say that I don't think a plaid poncho and moss colored hat is the way to go. Your style has improved a lot over the years, don't erase all the hard work by continuing to wear this ensamble. What style is the hat by the way?

Ben: LOL! I doubt I'll be seeing plaid ponchos in next Fall's Vogue...I can only imagine the new plaid ponchos by Balenciaga on the runways...