Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Incontinental

Another installment of Things You Don't Want to Hear Over an Airplane Intercom:

"I can't believe you said that, Kevin! You're the most inconsiderate co-pilot ever. I'm so distraught I don't know if I can land this thing... No, I'm not speaking to you anymore... Hello, control tower? Would you tell my co-pilot to prepare for our descent? And would you tell him to make the announcement to the passengers and crew, if he's not too self-absorbed to do so?... What, the speaker has been on the whole time? Why didn't you tell me? I hate you! I hate you all!"

And in other news, I read that scientists have discovered a fossil that indicates bats developed flight before they developed sonar (I assume this is from an evolutionary perspective, not a life-cycle-of-every-bat perspective). I'm picturing a bunch of bats smacking into cave walls, getting really ticked off. Surely there's a metaphor in here somewhere, no? I'll let you decide how it would apply to you, but here's what I think of myself: My sonar is better than I (and even other people) have given it credit for, and I'm learning to trust it more. A few cave-smacks and some loud interference shook my confidence, but I'm coming back, baby!

No comments: