Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Coyote Catches Roadrunner

Between 3:30 and 4pm today, my Dad is scheduled to drive my car, Roadrunner, to his new home. In exchange, Dad will come away with a wad of cash for me. It's taken a few weeks of talking with the father of the new teenage owner, during which we went from being really impressed with his courtesy to feeling rather jerked around. I'm selling for less than my asking price, but the truth is that no one else was offering, so I took it. I hope they take good care of him, because he's a nice little blue car and I don't want him to be mistreated. I'm happy to have this finally taken care of, after five months of trying to sell him, but I'm still a little sad to see him go. I suppose that's the downside of naming your material possessions.

In celebration of the closing of this deal, when I return to Boston after Thanksgiving I intend to visit the Lindt chocolate store near where I work and buy whatever the heck I want. I will then set aside a pretty bit of money with which I will buy fun stuff -- clothes, CDs, and other things I want. Not boring responsible stuff, like printer paper or vacuum bags or vegetables (all of which would be a waste of money anyway, because I don't work at home, vacuum often, or eat many vegetables).

With the rest, I will pay off what remains of my debt and start saving seriously, for the first time in my adult life. My feelings about this are summed up in the very mature and grown-up word, Cool!, and perhaps a little Happy Dance, similar to the one I do when I'm about to eat pizza.

A little side note: I have some yummy-scented lotion, and it makes my hands smell like Oreos in ice cream.

Also, I would like to say I am genuinely sorry that I haven't been blogging regularly. Jury duty is part of it, but not all. I've been a little tired. And I'm concerned that after only 4 months of this, I may be running out of things to say. I have been taking notes during this whole jury process, though, so I hope to at least have a few entertaining anecdotes once this trial is over, sometime next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand what you're saying about "the downside of naming your material possessions." I named one of my guitars, and I think I feel more attachment due to this fact. I've thought about selling it, but then I think of the ways I would miss her (see - this guitar now has a gender).

Vacuum bags - if that's not an exciting purchase, then I don't know what is!