Sunday, October 29, 2006

Back in the Habit

Hey, I'm back. I'm out of the blogging habit, having been away from it for the better part of a week. Still having some trouble distilling my thoughts into anything blog-worthy, but I'm gonna give this a shot anyway.
Let's see. About this weekend, and all that prayer. It was like a business transaction with God. I was not overwhelmed, or even whelmed, with emotion. Sometimes that was hard, because we're often told to expect some kind of Experience, and the people around me would sometimes get shaky or sniffly. I don't begrudge them that; it's just not how things usually go with me. But if God takes us at our word when we pray, and the effectiveness of our prayers isn't determined by the number of tears we shed when we pray them, then I got a lot done. And there are a couple signs that He was paying attention, and that He was at work even if I didn't feel it: 1. I usually wake up feeling guilty, about everything and nothing in particular; this is one of the fun parts of being me. But this morning, the couple of times I woke up early and then the final time I woke up for good, I felt good. That's rare enough to be notable. 2. I've had a couple friends whom I haven't forgiven for something they did years ago. I've prayed about it, but have always had a sense that some action step toward reconcilliation was necessary. Today, I became convinced of that, and passed the Communion plate by while I figured out what I should do. I wrote down some notes, and have the skeleton of a note I plan on writing to them. I don't know what reaction I'll get, but their reaction isn't my job. I just need to be humble, non-accusatory, and let God handle things on their end.
I'll keep my eyes open for signs of other change, too.
Thanks to those who prayed for me, even when I didn't ask for it. Just as I'm trusting that God worked in me, I'm trusting that He answered your prayers.

No comments: