Monday, October 09, 2006

Motivation at the Gym

I go the gym during my lunch break. Are you impressed? Don't be. I counteract whatever benefits there are to exercise by eating like a twelve-year-old with a salary and no adult supervision.

I would like to share with you some of the snarky pearls my trainer has had for me and my fellow lunchtime exercisers:

To a woman struggling with these insanely difficult ab exercises he made us do: "Oh, should I eat some popcorn while I watch your drama?"

To me when I had on bright red shorts and a blue T-shirt: "Did you wear your Wonder Woman outfit just for me?"

And again when I was all in blue, "You're Smurfette today!" (Perhaps it's worth mentioning that my hair is yellow.)

When I take the recommended 30-second break between sets: "Would you like me to get you a blanket and pillow?"

And when I made a face at having to use 10-lb. weights for something-or-other: "A case of alcohol weighs ten pounds. I bet you can lift that." This was made right after the weekend of the wedding. How did he know?

Strength training with sarcasm. This is why I'm such a tough cookie and am able to intimidate everyone. (You may snort derisively here.)

No comments: