Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Love, with a touch of mental illness"

This is how someone described my actions the night I went to pick up my roommate in my PJs.
Also from the same commentator, when he saw me wearing these pink socks and the roommate-picking-up-shoes: "Wow, even I wouldn't do that."

And while I'm dissing myself, here are some accidental insults that came my way a few weeks ago:
I was talking to my brother's fiance before the wedding, and we were making plans for lots of salon-y stuff -- nails, hair, whatever we could think of. I said, "You won't even recognize me by Thursday afternoon!" and her immediate response was, "Oh, good!"
The next day, I was at work and said I enjoyed a particular aspect of my job. A coworker said, "See, you were born to do this." I jokingly expressed concern, since my current job is entry-level and not something a person should want to do for 20+ years. He tried to fix it by saying, "Oh, well there are other things about you that make you not good at it." (He would probably want me to clarify by telling you that he meant I had other skills and talents beyond the scope of my current position. But it's way funnier without the explanation.)

No comments: