Sunday, October 08, 2006

Peanut Gallery: An Invitation

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hereby invite you to vote on which posts you've enjoyed the most (or hated the least). My motives are entirely selfish, but they're practical, so please humor me. As you may have gathered, I would like to do more writing. To that end, I'm thinking about printing out some of these things, cleaning up the spelling, and sending them off to little local papers to see if anyone's interested. But I'd like to take an opinion poll first, to see which ones are worth sending. If it's not too much trouble, could you leave a comment giving the titles to two or three you think are halfway decent? I promise this is not merely a clumsy attempt to fish for compliments (it's partly that, but not merely that). And hey, if you think I should chuck it all and learn a trade, you can say that, too. But I won't like you anymore.
All right, people! It's time to make your voices heard!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, my little chickadee, here's my list: "Back of the Orchestra," "Crimes Against the Seeing," "The Rehearsal Dinner," "Babe Undercover," and "The Sadder But Wiser Girl."

Orion Count Drulzelot said...

All of August. I think those are your best. I loved the wedding and rehearsal stories, but I think they are best appreciated by your loyal following, who know the main characters. If you are writing for an audience, you have to write "to" that audience. You will need to have a thick skin, Holly, editors can be astonishingly tough and picky. I don't want to sugarcoat or tell you it's easy to be published; for some it is, for some it isn't. I just don't want you to go in and get crushed. I want you to go in prepared. Definitely do go in!
I will tell you about the days when I was in the Northwest Writers' Group. There's a story for ya...

Marquioni said...

My personal favorites were: Ollie the viking pet-man and Arthur the Undead palm tree. I really enjoy your fictional writing, miss it a bit, although your life´s adventures are almost as good, if not better.

Anonymous said...

My top five or so...

The Reconstruction is Pink
The Back of the Orchestra series
Crimes Against the Seeing series
The Rehersal Dinner
Imaginary pet blogs
Sadder But Wiser Girl

What color is six?

Holly said...

Six is bright red.