Monday, October 09, 2006

Low-Maintenance

I used to wonder whether I was a high- or low-maintenance girl. So one day I asked the person who I thought would give me the most honest answer: my brother. If anyone's gonna be upfront about your character flaws, it's a younger male sibling, right? So I asked if I was high-maintenance, and he scoffed at me and rolled his eyes. "Are you kidding? You've had the same socks for, like, ten years!"
OK, that's actually true. Not to scare anyone, but right now I'm wearing a pair that is about 20 years old. But they're clean and all.
So I guess materially, I don't ask for much. A walk in the park and plenty to eat make me a happy girl. Kind of like a puppy. Let's see what else... I already mentioned I don't need jewelry... Wow, I'm making things way too easy, aren't I? OK, how about this: I promise to be indecipherable emotionally.

No comments: